Another wide variety on this week’s edition of The Friday Five. We’ve got artificial islands, beautiful public spaces, two cool videos, and some graphic design tips:
- Amsterdam’s Bold Housing Solution: 10 Artificial Islands. Amsterdam looks to artificial islands to create more development space close to the City core.
- 6 of the World’s Best Public Spaces. Urban Land Institute looks at six of the best public spaces in the world. Some pretty stiff competition here.
- Meet the 606: Chicago’s New Elevated Bikeway and Park. Chicago’s answer to New York’s High Line is the 606; a 2.7 mile elevated park that has just recently opened. Take this unique GoPro tour to get a first-person view of the park (which looks very well received).
- Stunning Full Color HD Video from the ISS Shows Life on Earth in Motion. I knew buildings move, but it’s a little scary to actually see how much.
- This Graphic Teaches You the Basic Elements of Good Design. Because at the end of the day, everyone wants their work to look nice – here are a few tips to help you get there.
Have a great weekend!