Another Friday, another five links to keep you occupied over the weekend. If you don’t have much time, focus on the first two – they both present interesting solutions to very challenging urban issues.
- Narrow Streets SF – The best thing since laneway housing. Creating more density by building rowhouses in the middle of wide streets. If you have time, dig into this a little, it’s very interesting.
- Healthy Rowhouse Project – To battle displacement, and affordable living, the Healthy Rowhouse Project advocates that the best solution is to improve the homes that people are already living in.
- Pope Francis Taps Planners to Help Solve Climate Change – There was a time when it seemed like nobody knew what a Planner did… now even the Pope recognizes that it’s up to us to save the world 🙂
- McDonald’s Has Created Brilliant Bike-Friendly Takeout Packaging – 60 years after McDonalds helped the car destroy the world, they are finally wising up and catering to cyclists who just need a Big Mac (Seriously though, cool packaging).
- Graffiti artists let loose on Underpass Park – A great photo gallery showing some of the art work at Toronto’s Underpass Park as part of the Pan Am Path Art Relay.